“She’s right, you know.” Jarod nodded at Kry who was storming off after having given Mike piece of her mind.
“I know. She usually is.” Mike sighed. “This election thing is getting me wound up more this time than in the past. Probably for all the wrong reasons. Smaller field, nomination process, and sealed records.”
“Yeah. A whole bunch of good things have happened in the past year and the current CSM will be taking a bow for all of it. A whole bunch of bad things happened and they will say it happened on someone elses watch or they all argued against it. Thing is, since they published no minutes and kept quiet as church-mice until the dreams became reality there is NO way to prove what they actually had a hand in doing and what was gonna happen in spite of them.”
“Ah, so the fact that they only took bows after something good happened. . . ”
“Yup. Like me taking credit for sunrises.”
“You don’t want to go that way. You want to accentuate the positive, not throw mud on your opponents.”
“I know, I know, they do a good enough job of that, themselves.” Mike ran his hand through his hair and sighed. ‘Positives, eh?”
“Yup, and get a platform out there soon, don’t wait like you have in past years until the nominations are confirmed. Everyone but you took a headstart last time and the race is going to be tougher this time around.” Jarod poked a finger at Mike. “You have to get moving now.”
“Why do you and Kry do this? Help me along in the elections.”
“Because we believe in you. In what you stand for. But we are not the ones running, and you better tie your laces and get out on that trail.”
“Fine, fine. With your support I will be fairly sure of two votes and that is a start.”
I will be making a more cohesive platform but here are some of the basic planks
1) There is no ‘endgame’ Play as you wish, where you wish.
2) While some features to be driven for are long overdue I think a major portion of the player base would like some good short term content. Only have an hour? Eve should still be the go-to game. And not to click a thousand clicks for PI or 0.01 isk games.
3) There are a lot of rp players, folks who live and breath the background of this game. Something new ought to come to them as well. It is not all spreadsheets and overviews.
4) This is from eve encyclopedia
The purpose of the CSM is to represent society interests to CCP. This requires active engagement with the player community to master EVE issue awareness, understanding, and evaluation in the context of the “greatest good for the greater player base”. The scope of issues is restricted only to EVE, its ongoing development, and limited meta (out-of-game) issues which have direct relevance to the EVE universe.
When did they become play-testers and a sounding board. What happened to representing us? Do you think you were represented? How can you tell?
5) I want to return to a simpler time where there were meetings with minutes so you could see what was being discussed, who was fighting for things you believed in and who did not even bother to show up. I do understand that there is an NDA and that some things cannot be discussed but the issues proposed in the assembly hall, in Jita park . . . who among the current CSM championed them, anybody?
6) I am a casual player and that is who I want to represent. I do not have a block of voters in some huge nullsec alliance to call on. I fly in hisec and in wormholes. As of the time of this writing I am in a C5 but I have spent months in incursions. I have a family, a job, a life outside of the game and I would like to stand for others who are trying to balance reality and the game.
7) I need your votes and I need you. Talk to people in your corps and alliances, make them understand that their vote does count if they can rally and stand up together.
stand with me
fly it like you won it